?

Log in

Cat people please read.... - Animated Me [entries|archive|friends|userinfo]
Somebody's Jake

[ website | digitalneophyte.com ]
[ userinfo | livejournal userinfo ]
[ archive | journal archive ]

Cat people please read.... [Jan. 26th, 2007|05:14 pm]
Somebody's Jake
Don't keep lilies in your house. If you care about your fuzzy friends don't keep any kind of lilly within eyeshot of them - they are very,very toxic. If knew this little tidbit Sarah Kitty wouldn't be hooked up to an IV at the animal hospital. She's had a couple of horrible days being force fed charcoal and pushing fluids and being sick.
Wednesday evening I caught her eating the culprit flower and very fortunately she promptly 'sicked up' the entire thing. I called animal poison control and was told that even exposure to the pollen could cause kidney failure within 36 to 72 hours and to get her to emergency services as quickly and safely as possible and so we did.
I spoke to the vet today I was told that tests indicate that her kidneys are normal but they need to check again this evening to be sure. We hope to have her back home tomorrow.
linkReply

Comments:
[User Picture]From: milly_bogtrot
2007-01-31 09:53 am (UTC)
FYI another thing I remembered is Aloe Vera, and my house is smothered in them (all in places he shouldn't be able to get to).

So, so glad she's all better :)
(Reply) (Parent) (Thread)